Entertainers Or Just Tractor Folks





Entertainers or just tractor folks.
Written By Bill DeSilva
Photos By Deborah Moen


I think that if we are just tractor folks we could have all our events in a back yard. 


We could parade along a fence line and I’m sure we could pull across any four acres. If it was just about the competition that’s all we would need. 


I believe that we’re more than that.
The facts say that we’re entertaining people when we’re in a parade.


Donna DeSilva Cedar Livestock Festival 2016


There are people in the stands when we pull and people come to these events to be entertained. 


Leroy Brady with Butch and Shredder
Cedar Livestock Festival Parade 2012

When Leroy puts his dogs on the hood, that’s entertaining. The first time I ever saw the Livestock Parade the thing I remember the most was the tractor with the dogs on it. I still have the photographs.

Bill and Donna DeSilva


When the announcer reveals the competition between Donna and I as husband and wife and who gets to cook dinner, that’s getting the audience involved and that’s entertainment . The 50/50 “H” and it’s story board when it’s on display will attract attention, it gets people involved, and that’s entertainment. 



Rosemary Christensen at the Iron County Fair Pulling a wheelie.



When Rosemary pulls a wheelie , that’s entertainment.
We may not realize what we’re doing , and we certainly aren’t rock n roll stars but we surely entertain.  


I believe that this is a good thing.  Let’s face it, people aren’t exactly breaking down the doors to join our club. Wouldn’t it be nice to pass the torch to some younger folks who may be attracted simply by seeing these wonderful old tractors in a parade or a pull. 


Do we have a duty to promote history?  I’ve elected to do as much as I can to promote us.  It’s entirely up to each of us.

Dave Toone Cedar Livestock Festival 2018


I for one am proud to be a part of something that entertains, preserves history and surrounds me with awesome folks with like interests who I’ve come to call my friends.

Happy Tractoring🚜🚜🚜

Billy 

No comments:

Cotton Days 2009